“a great place to stay in town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Fortuna

Save Saved
You added Hotel La Fortuna to your Saves list
Hotel La Fortuna
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 block south and 1 block east from La Fortuna Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 000, Costa Rica   |
Brooklyn, New York
“a great place to stay in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel is centrally located in town, rooms were very clean and comfortable... if you want to stay in town this is a great place.... Manrique and the rest of the staff was very helpful during our stay here last week...

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

A wonderful welcome from Mercedes the staff member on duty. Very helpful and knowledgable. Nothing was a bother, great customer service.

The room was really clean and comfortable.

The Hotel has a great location.

Room Tip: Fantastic hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dresden, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Location is perfect for trips of all sorts. The staff provided lots of interesting insider information to beautiful places which where hidden and without crowds of people. Thanks to hight of the building our room had a fantastic view of the vulcano! The breakfast is very rich and strenghtened us for the daytrips.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was everything I expected. It was basic but the staff was friendly and ready to assist in any which way possible. Manrique is the best concierge in the world. He assisted me and my gf's with everything we needed . The view was amazing and so was the area. A little quiet but safe. Go to the restaurant La Soda Hormiga cheap and awesome tasting food. Wake up early to have the bes view of the Volcano. I wish the bar would have been open. And do not book anything with Mercedes she lied to my gf's about the excursions offered and we paid extra for something we thought came with a meal and it did not. Book only with the Manrique or the owner she is a sweetheart . Free breakfast is not bad either. For the price you are getting a bargain

Room Tip: Rooms with view are the best
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Verona, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, in a standard room without view. The room was a nice size, and the bathroom was spacious and clean. The air conditioner was a welcome break from the Costa Rican heat, but ours was rather loud; I'm a light sleeper so this was a problem for me. Breakfast was more than adequate: eggs with toast and a plate of tropical fruit, plus coffee and tea. You got enough of it that you were full, but the only thing I didn't like was that it was the same breakfast for everyone, everyday; there was no way to customize it. It made breakfast go a little quicker, I guess, but any more than 2 days would've been quite boring! Wonderful location; just two blocks from the bus stop and right near all the restaurants and shops of La Fortuna. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynnwood, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The only good thing that I can say about this hotel is that the location was good. The beds are double or twin sized and about as comfortable as sleeping on a floor. Our roof leaked during a rain storm and we had to change rooms. We had a coffee maker but no cups (and there isn't anyone working the front desk from early evening until 6:00 AM) and the shower has no floor barrier so despite best intentions, the bathroom floor gets soaked. For the price paid, I can't help but think that there are better options available. There aren't really any amenities except free computer/internet usage in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I expected a little more from this hotel based on the reviews I read. I was pretty disappointed but then again, you get what you pay for. I'm a solo female traveler and booked this hotel because of its central location in town. It felt much more like a hostel than a moderately priced hotel. The rooms were very sparse and worn out looking. There's a sign in the room that says they change the sheets and towels daily but my sheets had the same stains the entire time I stayed there and those stains were there when I got there! Breakfast was very basic, but I guess that's what you get for a hotel that includes breakfast in the price. I wished I had splurged a little and spent my 2 nights in La Fortuna at a nicer place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel La Fortuna? Share your experiences!