Miguel and Carmen were wonderful hosts! Upon arriving, Miguel went through all of the highlights of the area. We got there at 3pm and most things closed by 5 so there wasn't too much left to do except Miguel knew exactly what to recommend. He set us up with a day pass at Baldi hot springs (10 min drive) that included a buffet dinner for each of us. This was a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anyone that heads to the area. The room was clean and spacious. There were some ants but not enough to bother us - you are in Costa Rica after all. The next day we spent some time exploring more of the surrounding areas - volcano hike, la fortuna waterfall, la fortuna town. We were pretty tired and just felt like kicking back and relaxing. With a couple hours notice, Carmen will make you dinner (about $8 and includes a beer). We stayed in, played foozeball and hung out by the pool. The breakfasts are included in the price and a wonderful and hearty start to your day of exploration. The dinner was tasty and comparably priced to many places in town. We had a car, which I would recommend but it wasn't entirely necessary. One nice thing is that at the turn off the main road leading to Cerro Chato, there is a HUGE grocery store with everything you could imagine. We found this useful when we wanted water and beer. The grounds are incredibly lush and well-kept. We saw plenty of birds, including a toucan (!), and some beautiful foliage as well. The grounds have a phenomenal view of the volcano when it isn't obstructed by cloud-cover. They are also very centrally located to the main attractions in the area. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of the Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica (2.5 kms. from La Fortuna, on the road to Catarata Rio's Fortuna and only 15minutes by car from Tabacon's Hot Springs) with a spectacular view of the southeast side of the volcano, we have the advantage of being at a slightly higher altitude than La Fortuna, thus cooler. Also, we are off the main road enough to avoid the sound of grinding gears that are audible from almost all other hotels. The rooms are very spacious (32m2) with 1 double and 1 single bed, a large private bath with hot water, screened windows, ceiling fans, verandas with table and chairs, and landscaped grounds abundant with tropical flowers and birds. Full breakfast, available lunches, horse rental, laundry, internet service and secure parking lot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Despegar.com, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Cerro Chato Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Chato Eco Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Cerro Chato Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park