We stayed for four nights and it was really good. Cerro Chato Eco Lodge is a beautiful place surrounded by nature. You have to have a own car or use taxi or shuttle services to get around because it's about 3 km from La Fortuna. But taxis are cheap and you from here you can walk to Cerro Chato and to the waterfalls! If you want to stay in a peaceful and calm place I can recommend this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of the Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica (2.5 kms. from La Fortuna, on the road to Catarata Rio's Fortuna and only 15minutes by car from Tabacon's Hot Springs) with a spectacular view of the southeast side of the volcano, we have the advantage of being at a slightly higher altitude than La Fortuna, thus cooler. Also, we are off the main road enough to avoid the sound of grinding gears that are audible from almost all other hotels. The rooms are very spacious (32m2) with 1 double and 1 single bed, a large private bath with hot water, screened windows, ceiling fans, verandas with table and chairs, and landscaped grounds abundant with tropical flowers and birds. Full breakfast, available lunches, horse rental, laundry, internet service and secure parking lot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Cerro Chato Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Chato Eco Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Cerro Chato Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park