We spent three nights at Cerro Chato Eco Lodge and found it to be very clean and filled with Costa Rican charm. Miguel is very helpful, friendly and willing to share stories about the area and growing up in La Fortuna. Carmen makes a beautiful breakfast and it is a really good value. The eggs are fresh from their coup every morning. We found the free WiFi a benefit that was handy as we had a minor emergency back in the states that needed attention. This is a great place to stay if you are looking for a cabina that is Pura Vida! Thank you Miguel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of the Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica (2.5 kms. from La Fortuna, on the road to Catarata Rio's Fortuna and only 15minutes by car from Tabacon's Hot Springs) with a spectacular view of the southeast side of the volcano, we have the advantage of being at a slightly higher altitude than La Fortuna, thus cooler. Also, we are off the main road enough to avoid the sound of grinding gears that are audible from almost all other hotels. The rooms are very spacious (32m2) with 1 double and 1 single bed, a large private bath with hot water, screened windows, ceiling fans, verandas with table and chairs, and landscaped grounds abundant with tropical flowers and birds. Full breakfast, available lunches, horse rental, laundry, internet service and secure parking lot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Cerro Chato Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Chato Eco Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Cerro Chato Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park