My wife and I stayed here for three nights and we definitely enjoyed our time at this rustic lodge. While small, the room has everything you need. (No a/c, but the fan is enough.) The grounds are beautifully kept and the pool is just the right size.
The owner, Miguel, was very kind and hospitable. He helped us with all of our questions and assisted us in setting up all of our activities. In addition, Miguel's wife, Carmen, makes a great breakfast for only $4.
If you are looking for something extravagant, then you will want to look elsewhere. However, if you want a quiet, outdoors feel with just enough comforts and a great price, this place is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of the Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica (2.5 kms. from La Fortuna, on the road to Catarata Rio's Fortuna and only 15minutes by car from Tabacon's Hot Springs) with a spectacular view of the southeast side of the volcano, we have the advantage of being at a slightly higher altitude than La Fortuna, thus cooler. Also, we are off the main road enough to avoid the sound of grinding gears that are audible from almost all other hotels. The rooms are very spacious (32m2) with 1 double and 1 single bed, a large private bath with hot water, screened windows, ceiling fans, verandas with table and chairs, and landscaped grounds abundant with tropical flowers and birds. Full breakfast, available lunches, horse rental, laundry, internet service and secure parking lot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Despegar.com, Odigeo and HostelBookers so you can book your Cerro Chato Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Chato Eco Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Cerro Chato Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park