My boyfriend and I spent 4 nights at this hotel. Our cabin was roomy, yet cozy and we had a great view of the Arenal volcano from our rear balcony. The pool/jacuzzi area is surrounded by nature; perfect for a romantic swim. Breakfast was great and provided many options for everyone. I enjoyed eating in the open air and taking in the beauty of CR. The only downside is that the hotel is far from the main road so we had to call a taxi to get into town. It was not a big deal though.
A hotel is only as good as its staff so I do have to give a shout out to the people who made our stay amazing:
1) Our maid, Mercedes, who kept our room spotless every single day
2) The waiter who delivered our dinner in the pouring rain
3) The waiter who let us sample the arroz con leche (YUM!)
4) The entire kitchen staff, who prepared our delicious meals and provided accommodations when necessary
5) The receptionist, Johnathan, who chatted with us every morning and answered all of our questions.
Gracias a todos por ser tan maravillosos!
I would definitely recommend Lomas del Volcán to anyone visiting La Fortuna. You will not regret it!
- Also Known As:
- Lomas Del Volcan Hotel
- Hotel Lomas Del Volcan Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomas del Volcán Hotel is a warm mountain hotel that maintains it's rustic style with wood cabins, each one with 2 decks that invites you to enjoy nature, one with a view to the Arenal Volcano and the other with a view to the tropical forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Priceline, HotelsClick, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Lomas del Volcan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.