The hotel is situated in open gardens. Each room is in a separate cabin. Our cabin had an enclosed verandah with a view of the volcano, a bedroom with two double beds and an en-suite shower and toilet. There are two thermal pools, one with a bar and a swimming pool. The water in the thermal pools was warm and mud coloured, which I suspect is the colour that the water comes out of the ground, as the nearby swimming pool was spotless. The adjacent changing rooms however were rather down market.
The included breakfast was buffet style and excellent. We only had one evening meal in the Restaurant, which was a la carte. The dishes we chose were well presented and filling. They were not haute cuisine but very enjoyable none the less.
I think that this hotel would be particularly interesting to families with their own transport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park