I came here during January with my husband and parents. We're all fairly mellow people and mainly just wanted to lounge around and enjoy the hotsprings and natural surroundings without having to go anywhere extra. The pools here are beautiful; the warmer pools (with the warmest at the highest point) are surrounded by nature which I found to be very peaceful and relaxing.
The breakfast...oh dear god the breakfast. There was a huge buffet with eggs, sausage, gallo pinto, fresh fruit, ham, pastries, juice, etc. etc.. It was pretty much the best hotel breakfast I have ever had. My father (being fatherly) mentioned to the hotel staff that I am a celiac, so they put out tortillas for me to have with my breakfast.
The room was pretty average; the airconditioner didn't work, but they had someone in to fix it in no time. The beds weren't exactly comfortable, and the bathroom was a bit smelly from the moment we came in. It had this weird, permanent human "aroma" which was rather unpleasant. The porch was nice, though, and we spent quite a bit of time sitting in those lovely rocking chairs, meditating on the view of Arenal.
Other than breakfast, we didn't eat at the restaurant because it seemed a little overpriced for what it was. Instead we ordered food from local Fortuna restaurants that delivered to the hotel lobby.
We booked the horseback tour that is in a large piece of land across the street. It was a bit scary, going down a steep hill covered in big rocks, but once we got past the rickety bits, the scenery was gorgeous. I'd recommend it, if you don't mind a sore but and being tossed around a bit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park