Don't stay here if you don't like wildlife and nature, cuz you'll be surrounded by it! My husband and I stayed in a Superior Room, which was like a private little bungalow with a glassed-in front porch. From the porch was a gorgeous view of Arenal Volcano. We were lucky enough to get 2 days of perfect weather, in which the volcano showed off it's top. I've heard this is rare.
There is nothing fancy about these bungalows, but they provided a nice retreat. The walls are pretty thin, so you can hear all the sounds of the wildlife outside at night. It really didn't bother me though. I felt they did a great job incorporating their resort into the environment, without compromising the surrounding natural beauty. The superior rooms had more than enough space for us. You can actually fit 4 people in there comfortably.
Service was excellent. Everyone we came across was friendly and accommodating...the front desk, bartender at the hot springs, and servers at the restaurant. The morning buffet is typical Tico food, but the variety was more than average.
One of my favorite parts of this resort were the hot springs with thermo-mineral water flowing from pool to pool. They had 13 small pools/spas that were connected by little streams, so the water ran from the top pool to the bottom pool, with each pool decreasing in temperature. This allowed us to find a small private pool with our desired temperature. Most of the pools also had their own view of the volcano and a small waterfall feature. We also chilled at the wet bar (also in thermo-mineral water) with our friends. Their food was pretty good, and the bartender was really nice. He pointed out some iguanas next to the pond and a sloth that was hanging out in a tree next to the pool. We didn't even have to step out of the resort to see the wildlife!
I recommend this resort for nature lovers. If you have an issue with bugs and animals, then you should find a more upscale resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park