We stayed at this hotel recently while doing local hiking and white water rafting at Wave Expeditions in La Fortuna.
Sleep was ok...beds were quite hard and the pillows were too soft. Other than that, we slept very well.
There is a trail at the top of the hill behind the hotel just behind the top hot spring. This trail is for experienced hikers only. The drop is very steep and it takes a good hour and a half to hike out of there. Don't let the trail map mislead you. It is tough. If you are looking to take in some of the local scenery and want a good work out, take the trail.
hot springs are a joke. These are heated pools of mineral water, heated by underwater heaters at the hotel.
The pool was good and the pool bar is WONDERFUL. Very warm and the bartender was quite pleasant and proficient in serving delicious concotions.
Food was ok... Not bad but not great. The grilled and breaded sea bass are good. The Avocado salad and Hearts of palm salad are good as well. Coffee and fruit are delicious. I personally thought breakfast was better than dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park