We traveled to this hotel with our 5 month old, they set up a crib for her but didn't do it correctly, if my husband hadn't been holding her she would have fallen on the floor. We called to ask them to remedy the situation, they said they couldn't until the following day and would write a report to make sure someone took care of it. Luckily we had a king size bed so she slept with us for that first night. By 2pm in the afternoon the next day we hadn't heard anything so I had to call and get someone to come fix it. That night I woke up in the middle of the night to find we had a fruit bat in our room flying above our heads, by the time they sent someone to take care of it I had already gotten rid of it. The caretaker they sent said it happened all the time - yikes! Thanks for the warning!
The onsite restaurant is very tasty and the servers were so courteous and helpful! Breakfast is included and was yummy. The hot spring pools are very dark at night and surrounded by things like bullfrogs and other critters, I refused to get in them since I couldn't see what creatures were in there with me. The are 3 other pools that have better lighting, one of them is the "bar" pool and it has very loud music, one is cold water and the other is pretty shallow and looks dirty (because of the minerals) so at night this area could use some improvement.
Rooms come with fridge, coffee maker and safety deposit boxes. Great-sized bathrooms with lots of hot water. Cute little front porch with rocking chairs to enjoy the view. TV with cable and several channels and remote controlled A/C. Staff was pretty friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park