I just wanted to tell you about my recent trip to Arenal Paraiso resort and spa. We travelled yesterday to this resort. It was raining when we got there but as a canadian I am quite used to rain. We checked into our rooms and the rain persisted. My husband and I were in 271 and friends in 272. We went to the restaurant for an early supper which was delicious and the service excellent and then returned to our rooms for the night. 271 was extremely damp and as the night wore on got much worse. My husband began to shiver and suffered a fever. The room was so damp that the sheets actually felt wet and the room very cold. The clothes in my suitcase also became damp. we slept very little if at all. In the morning my husband was no better. We thought that a hot shower would help him to warm up , unfortunately there was no hot water. and eventually no water at all. I went to the office and they offered to move us into another place, however by this time my husband was really not well and I felt that it would be more appropriate to pack up and return back to Playas del coco were we are staying. I spoke with the assistant manager and she then with the manager and they offered no refunds and said it was raining and they couldnt help the weather. My problem was not with the weather it was with the fact of the dampness in the room . There was no way to dehumidify the room or warm it up in any way. Ii really feel that I should be refunded for one night at least for the room that we wre in, as we were travelling together my companions of course could not stay for the second night. We are back in Coco now and my husband is still shivering and feeling unwell.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Low Cost Holidays, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park