We stopped at a tourist info spot after spending a really not so nice night at a bed and breakfast 20 miles down the road. The tourist guy running the little tourist info spot told us that we might enjoy Arenal Paraiso resort as it was quiet and not bad for the money. We did try it over the glitzy new one on the road and we found it to be fine. The rooms (choice a separate cabin or a side by side) are dated but we liked the quiet. The cabins for 50 dollars a night more are worth it..Flat screen TV..better bathroom and a front porch space for viewing the Arenal volcano.
The best thing about this hotel was the service at the front desk. Outstanding.
The spa services seemed high (60 dollars for a pedicure?) . The breakfast not too great...typical...though..scrambled eggs..beans..rice...fruit. The coffe was fine.
We did not expect such muggy hot weather however...it was not as cool as we thought it would be so the air conditioner was a huge bonus ..many hotels do not have it in the rooms. The wireless was only in the hotel lobby area but it was good reception. There are many choices to be made in La Fortuna area...so check it out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Booking.com, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park