I went there during the holy week. We arrived late in the afternoon and then decided to go to the thermal pools. It had rained before and when I took the steps of the cabin, I fell down and hit my elbow and back really bad. The stairs didn't have any anti-slip material. Thank God I could walk after that, so we went to tell the front desk and the guy there told me: "Fortunately nothing bad happended to you"...The people at the hotel have to be thankful for their thermal pools because that prevented my body from serious bruising and ache. A day after I talked to the manager about this and he offered a doctor, but thank God I didn't need it but that is what the front desk should have offered the day of the accident.
The outdoor plans that they offer are very expensive. It is better to go to the places by yourself and pay directly. They offered the hanging bridges for more than twice the real price!!! And they won't make any discount if you want to do more than one activity.
The thermal pools are very dark at night and they are in the open. Breakfast is good. I won't come back to Arenal Paraiso and I won't recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park