No first-time trip to Costa Rica can possibly be complete without a pilgrimage to Arenal - the volcano that has been quiet since October, 2010. When we traveled there exactly one year later, we were disappointed that the fiery lava we'd expected ("Everyone run for your lives!") had subsided, but were not in the least disappointed in our choice of hotel. At the off-season rate of $85 a night, we enjoyed the seven or so natural hot springs (one with a swim-up bar) and beautiful tropical gardens with swimming pool. Our bungalow patio suite (114, I believe it was) looked directly upon the volcano, which huffed and puffed and never even came close to threatening to blow our house down. We found it fascinating to watch as the volcano vented steam from its crown and flanks, at times entirely disappearing behind the meandering mists. Ah, but the hotel! Free computer use, superb, complimentary breakfasts, gated entry (equates with "safety"), reasonably priced dinners, wine and cocktails. What more could anyone ask? Truly, I don't know. Top marks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park