We stayed here for 1 night by chance in February. They did not have a room available in the morning, so they were happy to store our luggage for us for a couple of hours.
I had an opposite experience with the tour guide than a reviewer below. I was very impressed that he didn't try to sell us anything! He was such a sweetheart - very helpful, and actually gave us recommendations of other things to do around town (hike to La Fortuna - gorgeous!).
Our room was huge! The front patio had a breath-taking view of Arenal, and the back patio had an impressive view of the valley. We could here the volcanic explosions all night long - neat, but a little scary! There was so much to do on the grounds - view the crocs, frogs, butterfly gardens, duck pond, waterpark-type pool, and a road that leads up to a closer view of the volcano (which they advise you to limit your viewing to 15 min).
The dinner was 5*! Beautiful presentation & delicious. The breakfast was just so-so. If you eat meat, you may like it.
It seems like a fun place for kids. While we were there, a bus load of highschool girls was dropped off. I felt very sorry for their neighbors! I could hear them all the way over in our room (all night long), and we were in a different building, up the hill.
Although we liked this place, as a couple w/o children, we will probably stay at Tabacon next time.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Otel, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.