The grounds are gorgeous and the many different temperature pools are wonderful. We loved having so many gardens and paths to walk through. We even hiked the 2km to the observation site. This, I think, is actually a bit too strenuous for most people. As far as the little farms, we didn't get to see too much. We only found about 5 butterflies and 1 frog. They also close the frog farm at 2pm for some reason. I also found the pool's slides to be too fast for me, but the kids seems to like that.
We especially loved the ambiance of the open air restaurant, hearing the sounds of the crickets and other insects at night. The buffet food was good enough with excellent fresh juice available at each meal. The meal prices include tip and tax which is so nice. The dinner and lunch buffets cost $18 total, so that's $14.60 before tip/tax. There is also a la cart food available as well.
Our room was well situated near the pools, restaurant and lobby so we could walk everywhere. They offer free internet access in the lobby which was a great way to communicate with the kids at home via Facebook.
The cabin was nice with enough space. We loved hearing the cows moo and the rooster crow in the morning! The horses were also very close to our room.
The only things not too great were the smell of the room's disinfectant, and the air conditioner that became very noisy in middle of the night. I think I lowered the fan on my second night and that was better.
Overall, it was a wonderful stay. Thank you Los Lagos!
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline and Otel so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.