A group of 4 adults went at 6pm and stayed until closing (10pm). There are a series of 4 pools of hot springs. The very top one is the hottest (source) and the rest cool a little until the bottom one. Next to each hot spring is a little pool to cool off. Cost was $15 per person.
There is a huge pool at the bottom too but we didn't go in. The wet bar is kind of "resorty" and played clubby music, but we spent most of the time up top at the thermal pools so didn't really hear it. We got nachos which were $9 (Velveeta type cheese) but not too bad w/chicken and veggies.
The lobby is super outdated, but we weren't there for that :)
It was a wonderful way to relax at end of day....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park