We enjoyed our stay at Los Lagos. There was so much to see and do that we barely left the property. We had fun walking all around the resort and were able to see coati, monkeys (from a distance while hiking up to the observation point), toucans, iguanas, and many other birds. The butterfly, frog, and ant enclosures were fun to visit and provided a great opportunity to get photos. The water slides were fun and very popular. We were almost always able to find one of the smaller pools vacant so we were able to find quiet when we wanted it. The pools are kept at different temperatures so the hotter ones were usually kid-free.
We thought the breakfasts were a great added value. They had an excellent buffet with local dishes as well as the typical American food. It was fun to watch (and photograph) all the birds at breakfast. We did not eat any other meals on property. We had our own rental car so we went into town to eat dinner every night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park