Just spent two nights at Los Lagos and our family thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Like others have said, the grounds are gorgeous and it's great having so many things to enjoy on the property: pools, hot thermal pools, breakfast buffet, butterfly/frog/crocodile gardens, zipline.
The price is more than we'd normally pay but it was worth the splurge.
One comment I'll add b/c I don't see it mentioned in others' is the safety factor at the pools. I know because of our extensive travels in Mexico and Central America that safety standards do not compare to what we're used to in the States and Canada. However, I'm shocked that there are not any life guards of any kind at any of the pools. There were many unsupervised kids doing dangerous activities (diving in shallow water, standing on unsafe ledges, walking UP water slides, running on wet surfaces) and teens and adults not following the posted safety guidelines and coming down the water slides 2-3 people at a time. You will want to be aware of your surroundings for your own safety and if you have kids, keep an eye on them!
Breakfast buffet had a nice variety both mornings although the french toast was rock hard and it would have been nice if the person preparing eggs could make something more than just fried eggs (omelettes are typical on other similar buffets and she wouldn't make a scrambled egg for our daughter)
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.