First off let me say that this is our third stay here over several years of travel to the area. We have seen the progess made to this resort over the years. The rooms are large with sparse furniture, but the beds are comfortable. The grounds are well maintained and very nice. The new hot pools that have been added since our last visit, were OK, but lacked any personality, The drive up to the observeratory point is well worth it. The views of the volcano are unforgettable from there. The included breakfast buffet is very good and is never the same from day to day. Overall. this is a great place to stay, if you want a lot of activities included at a reasonable price, and do not want or need a luxurious room to sleep in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park