Me and my husband stayed here for 3 nights on our recent vacation to Costa Rica. We stayed in a junior suite with a river view and it was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable with all your basic necessities but the real reason to stay here is the beautiful grounds. The hotel is on acres and acres (and acres) of property with a river running through it so the wild life you see on a daily basis is really amazing. The dining room is the open air type typical to Costa Rica and every morning we were able to watch the birds, iguanas and butterflies with our breakfast. We had an all inclusive package so we ate all our meals in the restaurant which had a nice variety of dishes to choose from. The food was pretty tasty and the portions are enormous. I ended up ordering half portions the whole time. We did a "safari float" and horseback riding with a guide named Pedro who was fabulous. He's super knowledgeable about the wild life and plants and can spot animals from a mile away. All the hotel staff were SO nice, it really made us sorry to leave when our stay was up. Tilajari is a beautiful, quiet place to enjoy nature and relax. I highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park