Room 104 faces the river and has two double beds in a nice large room. Shower worked well and we always had hot water. A/C worked like a charm. Coffee pot had a small issue but that was resolved. Any issue is quickly resolved.
I thought the staff was particularly outstanding. The front desk staff helped us figure out excursions and they didn't put any sales pressure on us. I really enjoyed bouncing ideas off them because they are local and deal with a lot of tourist so they understand the whole picture. They gave us the courage to drive into LaFortuna at night and to drive ourselves to Venado Cave. Saved us a bundle of money and was lots of fun.
The included breakfast was exceptional. There was a lot of variety and of course the birds were such a treat to observe. We ate dinner one night and shared a huge burger and the best pappas fritas you will ever put in your mouth. We wish we had ordered another plate of fries.
We had a Imperial beer each and the whole dinner was less than $15. Prices of meals were reasonable. The wait staff is also very friendly and helpful.
Take a stroll and enjoy finding the iguana, the birds, the fruit trees and fabulous flora. A peresoso (sloth) is legend to live in the tree by the front reception but we never saw him/her. Enjoy the butterfly house at no extra charge. We did not use but saw tennis courts in use, sauna, and pool. We also saw the horses. This is a true resort. We could have spent a few more days there if we had the time.
If you have children with you, this is the place to be. The rooms are huge and the kids have a patio and plenty of room to play, supervised, of course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park