Our "luxury" tour stopped here for two nights. We were terribly disappointed. Had we known about this hotel, we would have not booked the tour. For us, there were two major problems: first, the bathroom was outdated and in disrepair. The shower drained very slowly and the shower door would not close. Several photos are attached showing the condition of the bathroom. The second problem was that the dining room has no air conditioning. It was extremely hot and humid in the dining room, which is an open large patio. Although the food was good, we could not enjoy our meals due to the heat. There is no comfortable, air conditioned lobby. It was so warm outside that we had no option but to sit in our room to take advantage of the AC.
The room was clean, the beds comfortable. The garden of the hotel is very nice, but to us, not worth the uncomfortable few days we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park