Gorgeous place. . . .great food. . . .rooms are spacious and clean! The bed was comfortable and everything worked. . . .well, it worked when I left, at least. When I took a very welcome and wonderful hot shower at the end of a very long day, I thought "This is heaven!" Then I turned the water off, and it kept running. I called Reception and was horrified to find that there was no English-speaking person on board at night. I was a bit surprised since every guest I met while there was English-speaking! I was put on indefinite hold. . .and finally drew on my minimal plumbing experience and got it shut off. Then, I discovered to my horror, the stool didn't flush either. After that was fixed, I finally got to enjoy the very comfortable bed.
There are two reasons I didn't give Tilajari an "Excellent":
*No assistance with the plumbing problems - due to no English-speaking personnel on duty at night despite most of the guests being English-speaking.
*The resort is very spread out, and the lighting was not very good when walking to the rooms after dark
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.