This was the third of three hotels we stayed in on our tour of Costa Rica and probably the best. The grounds are amazing, well maintained and host a great deal of wildlife. From our balcony we looked down towards the river and all around were trees and bushes housing fabulous birds, basking iguanas, squirrels, tree frogs and one or two spider monkeys. The rooms were spacious and well maintained with an ample sized bathroom housing a powerful shower. At first we couldn't work out how to turn it off, then realised we had to turn hot and cold together quickly.
The food was fine and although we were all inclusive, we were able to order from the a la carte menu which had plenty of choice. The dining room was windowless allowing easy photography of the birds that came to the feeders which were spiked with fruit throughout the day.
The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and extensive and so much wild life can be seen if you walk quietly as many do throughout the day. It's even possible to find the very shy agouti, which scampers away on sight.
The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
The reception area has wi fi and also free internet access.
The Tilajari Resort Hotel is lovely and well worth a stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park