We were unable to get back to NY due to a snow storm so added this hotel and a quick trip to Arenal at the last minute. Looked so corporate that we were first disappointed but the views of the river and the lovely pool and the jacuzzi were great for relaxing.
Our guided tour with Pedro (with Macho driving) was excellent -- so knowledgable and competent and gracious. Walked us, talked to us, took us to a great hot springs, ate a great lunch together (we chose to add that on ) - we felt very well cared for and very well informed.
Most amazing part of our stay involved the restaurant area. The staff places old fruit on stakes just outside the protected roofed outdoor area where folks eat. Birds are there, flying all around -- just an amazingly rich display of beauty. Then the second morning, a boa constrictor came off the roof and grabbed a bird - strangled and ate -- as a huge iguana watched from a tree close by. It was incredible - not scary just amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park