We felt fortunate to have been upgraded by Gate 1 which had booked the room for us, and then we received a room upgrade upon arrival. Our room, located in building 1, was comfortable, nicely decorated, and had a balcony with a great view of the river. We enjoyed several of the features of the resort -- a lovely outdoor jacuzzi, beautiful butterfly garden, and an herb garden and labeled nature walk. The breakfasts were served buffet-style with a nice selection of dishes. On the second morning, although it was only 8am when we arrived, it appeared that a large group had just departed, and the hot items were cool, the omelet station was closed, and there were flies covering the maple syrup. The resort is located about 20 minutes' drive from La Fortuna which wasn't a problem for us. Both evenings we ate in the restaurant which had a wide selection of interesting, well-prepared entrees. Our only minor complaint was considerable noise from the highway on the other side of the river. All-in-all, we would return if coming to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park