Family of 4 stayed 5 nights. The resort room was beautiful..but we specified the quietest room with volcano view. We had a porch and jacuzzi on the deck. The volcano is almost never visible from the resort (or anywhere for that matter), but the room was lovely. The resort is a walk away (thank goodness) from the springs (about 1/4 mile) They have a shuttle which runs on tico time. The best was to go early (8am-10am) when nooutside guests can use the facility and late at night. Many buses come to the springs, but they cannot use the resort. The music at the springs is unpleasant and I cannot figure out why they let people smoke there are the place seems to become a party place. We used desalfio for tours and taxi arrangements which was cheaper and the hotel provides a free shuttle to town. We did the white water rafting/ caves (which are much much nicer in Belize, but OK if it is your first cave experience) and the hiking to the volcano (well worth the guide) The SKYtrek tour is fabulous and much quieter than the ones in Monteverde. We were the only 4 on our tour and zipped along. In monteverde we were one of 30! The people are very nice and the wildlife and birding unbelievable...however you really need the guide! Also we arranged private transfers..anyone who wants to drive around Costa Rica is crazy...the driver showed us all sorts of offbeat places....and it was way safer. In the end the price was about the same as renting and much nicer for the driver. the roads are AWFUL and there seem to be about 4 totla gas stations and road signs in the area.
IF you like horses and are going to monteverde I highly recommend the
deslfio horsebackriding. The drive to monteverde is challenging and 5 hours. The boatride and horses takes the same. We are NOT experienced riders, but all of us (including 10 and 13 yearolds) rode and galloped by the lake......a real treat. There is still a carride at the end, but they stopped for lunch at a little store.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park