I feel ripped off. Let's differentiate between the 2 areas of Tabacon:
Hotel - We were not greeted or offered a welcome beverage as everyone else arriving received. They did accommodate our early check in and chauffeur us to our room via cart. My issue was with the general age of the property. The entire room was outdated and worn. The bathroom was disgusting - shower head was moldy and offered little to no water pressure and absolutely no hot water. We did not eat at the restaurants but ordered room service which was prompt and good quality (which I'd expect based on the prices).
Resort - important to note that this is separate from the main property and open to the public. The frequent shuttle to and from the hotel is very convenient. The springs and general pool area were vast and beautiful, but crowded. Water slide and pool bar are fun at night. Not somewhere you'd want to spend your entire day. I think an evening or 2 would be sufficient.
For the amount of time we actually spent at the resort springs, I felt ripped off. I paid for an outdated room at an exorbitant rate when I could have purchased a day pass to the springs and stayed somewhere newer and cleaner. Staff was nice, but it wasn't genuine. It's a mass operation that lacked personalization. Overall decent, but I wouldn't recommend it to my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park