My boyfriend and I spent 3 nights here, the first leg of our trip to Costa Rica which also included stops in Monteverde and Tamarindo. The rooms were clean, the hot springs were beautiful, the couples message was amazing, and the service was outstanding.
My compaint about Tabacon is regarding the food. Breakfast is minimum of $20+ dollars, just for juice and an assortement of breads. Dinner is going to be about $40 per person for food that is subpar at best. We ate at both the baffet and the regular restauarant and I didn't think much of either of them. They do have a la carte bar food as well, but even that is quite pricy. I didn't realize how expensive the food really was (since I'm used to NYC prices) until we went to other parts of the country where we had much better food for a fraction of the cost.
Overall, we had a very pleasant experience. I wish we had our own car to leave the resort and eat elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park