Just got back from Arenal where we stayed at Tabacon.
We had a "superior room with king bed" and it was great (we asked for a volcano view if possible, and were able to get it-see pics). We were greeted with fresh justice drinks when we checked in and all the staff were really friendly and helpful throughout our stay. Beautiful landscape throughout the hotel and the pool near our room was also clean and great. We also payed for the breakfast which was a little pricy but it was really worth it. The breakfast buffet had lots of choices, both local food and more american/international food.
The only small complaint we would have is the room walls seemed thin, when we were in the room we could hear the tv and the people in the rooms next to us. We weren't in the room much so it was not a major issue for us.
The spa was just down the road (they provide a free shuttle if you dint feel like walking) and was also beautiful and clean. It can get a little busy but it was big enough to still find areas to relax in the pools without a big crowd. Had dinner at the spa the last night, which was okay enough, we would of probably preferred to go into town if we had the time (both for better food and better price).
Overall, great service and would definitely stay there again if we had the choice…and get the breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LHW, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Amex, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotel.de and Tingo so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park