This hotel is another golden gem of Costa Rica, and their reputation still servers them. The grounds are perfect, the staff is nice, and the rooms are small but kept up. If I had one wish it would be that volcano still erupting! unfortunately, all it does now is steam a little.. but the pools in the spa are still hot, and the different areas of the springs go FOREVER! plenty of privacy and comfort. the massages are expensive, and other than the lava mud, its the same as anywhere in paradise. Mine was fan-tastic, my newlywed didn't appreciate the required nudity for the massage so hers was a little awkward, but I'm sure that could have been avoided--as well as asking for more pressure. I also went home with a couple pieces from the Indian guy outside the spa.. again, expensive, but really nice and something I'll have forever. hand carved and painted- not the same as something found in the World Market around the US.
The food was expensive and not that good. Drinks are a killer at $6+. Other than those optional items, this is the place to stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, LHW, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hotwire, Otel, getaroom.com, Amex and Odigeo so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park