we only stayed for 3 nights, and i wish we could´ve stayed longer.
the good: we stayed in one of the suites and it was amazing; you could´ve fit and entire football team in one room! theres a tv in the bathroom area, for those who like that, nice shower, really nice tub so you can relax...... the beds are super comfortable, and a complete mini bar with all sorts of goodies, including a toaster and coffee maker.
the staff is super friendly and very accomodating! the hotel itself has one pool, which is really nice. the food is really good: dont miss the nachos and the asian buffet.
although i didnt use the spa myself, someone in our party did, and they couldnt say enough about it!
the awesome: the hot springs are either 5 minutes away walking , or you can take the shuttle; they are just around the corner! there are endless little trails you walk on, and each one leads to a different hot spring and each one is at a different temperature. there´s even a section for adults only, where it is super quiet, there´s nice music, and you find people just taking it easy! the main pool has a slide for the kids to enjoy, and the bar tenders at the wet bar are so friendly, it makes you want to sit there all day!
we met so many different people from all corners of the world.... it´s just a happy place!!
the ugly: my daughter did not like the hot springs at all, so my time under the water falls and some of the other springs was very limited. remember this is in the middle of a rainforest, so you run into all sort of crickets, butterflies, lizards, etc...... pretty!
suggestions: dont miss the springs late in the afternoon or as the sun sets; as the temperature drops, the hot springs become unbelievably delicious!!!!!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Amex, Venere, Priceline, Jetsetter, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.