We stayed for two nights, which gave us three days to explore and enjoy the Spa and Resort. After the long drive it was nice to have a cool drink and then head over to the water. My husband enjoyed a massage and we found a secluded spot to unwind in the incredible warm water. The next day we sat at the Spa pool (hotel pool under construction with caution tape) in the morning and found the Shangri-La gardens with a private cabana facing the volcano in the afternoon. Prior to leaving we walked the grounds one last time and took more photos of flowers, lizards and the river. I can't think that there would be nicer Spa/Resort grounds--they were much more developed than I had imagined, large and very well taken care of.
The only down side was the view of the closed pool from the restaurant, and the hefty food/beverage prices.
There was a coffee maker and toaster in the room and the pre-ordered room service breakfast did provide an option to the buffet breakfast (which was good.)
I would book it again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tablet Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park