My husband and I stayed at the Tabacon resort for one night in March. We got a deal on bookit.com for $220. Considering access to the hot springs is $65 pp and we were going to visit their hot springs regardless, it was an incredible price to stay the night with unlimited access to hot springs.
HOTEL - Room was more than expected, very clean, house coats were the best I've ever had, very spacious, huge bathroom
RESTAURANT - Open air restaurant, service and food were 5 star. I had the fish, my husband the steak. On the expensive side though (expected)
HOT SPRINGS - Absolutely gorgeous. They even had a man made warm pool with slide and swim up bar. Was easy to charge our drinks to our room bill from here. We used the springs at night (closed at 10pm) and in the morning, felt like we had the area to ourselves despite it being high season in Costa Rica. I'm sure this is different between 10am-6pm when tour buses visit.
RESORT- Nicely laid out, easy to get around, very clean. Beautifully landscaped, plenty of open sunchairs around the pool, english speaking, great customer service and feel. The staff are at your disposal. Easy to get to, no dirt roads
Didnt use the spa since we only stayed one night, walked past it, looked just like it does in the photos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Jetsetter, HotelsClick, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park