Tabacon is beautiful from the moment you walk in. We were greeted with smiling faces and fresh squeezed orange juice! We are fitness junkies, so we were excited to see a nice Fitness room complete with multiple machines, free weights, and even fresh fruit on the table for post workout refueling! The hotel room where we stayed was nice. We had a private view outside, but it wasn't really a view of anything, but it's ok because we spent most of the time at the Hot Springs a short walk away! The spa was not super crowded as others stated but maybe because we were mainly there on a Thursday. If you go back to the further pools, especially the adult ones, it is very peaceful and they have relaxing music. It seemed more busy when we went back on Friday, but not horrible. The only thing is there was Yoga listed on the map, but the staff member said they do not do Yoga any longer.
Our only complaint was the food. We had dinner at the spa - a buffet for $39 (or something like that?)- while there was much to choose from, we're not huge lovers of buffets and the food was definitely not worth that much! At the hotel we had breakfast the next day. It was good but not outstanding and not worth the price we paid. Breakfast also offered a buffet option that we did not choose. The cheapest breakfast option was bread, jam and fruit for $17. We understand it's a resort, but still...that seems a bit outrageous.
Overall a beautiful place and friendly people. A unique experience.
Next time, if we stay here, we'll probably try to eat in La Fortuna or bring our own food.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Venere, HotelsClick and Jetsetter so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.