My girlfriend and I stayed at Tabacon for 2 nights last week during a 9 day trip to Costa Rica. We are normally a budget conscious pair, so Tabacon was our 'splurge' for this trip. Overally, it was a very nice resort - I will say that the grounds of the hot springs, and wandering through the maze of little pools and streams, were amazing, and incredibly relaxing. The pool bar (plus waterslide) was fun...but we couldn't help but feeling like we were bothering the staff every time we ordered a drink (this feeling would be justified later w/ by the incredibly outgoing staff at Flamingo Beach Resort).
When we made the reservation, we noted that we were celebrating an anniversary - and were surprised to find a 'welcome dessert' in our room upon check in. Also - I want to acknowledge one of the porters, who zipped us around on a golf cart, determined to show us monkeys before taking us to our room!
The room was nice but nothing special. The food was fine, but overpriced. We did thoroughly enjoy the Mexican Buffet during our first night at the restaurant down by the hot springs (we never ate at the other hotel restaurant).
The main attraction here is access to the hot springs. At $45/person, this basically covered half the cost of our room. If you truly plan to take advantage and spend time relaxing in the springs (as we did both evenings from about 5pm to close), than this hotel is definitely worth your time and money. If not, I'm sure you can find better value elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tabacón Grand Spa Thermal Resort is a five stars hotel located in Costa Rica's northern region, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the heart of the tropical rainforest. Tabacón provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The unique thermal springs emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds surrounded by lush tropical gardens which create an oasis of peace. The hotel, member of The Leading Hotels of The World, offers 7 different categories of rooms: Ambassador Suite, Senator Suite Tabacon Suite, Honeymoon Suite, Rainforest Suite, Superior Premium and Superior, each room with amenities that will offer all the comfort for an unforgettable stay.As a perfect complement of a relaxing experience, inside the gardens you can find The Grand Spa, member of Leading Spas of the World. The Grand Spa taps one of the world´s beautiful locations to offer an incomparable spa experience. Treatments are given in 11 open-air bungalows, all with Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, LHW, EasyToBook and HotelsClick so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.