Stayed at Tabacon for 3 nights the week before Christmas. The hotel was very nice as expected though it turns out that most rooms do not have a volcano view except the upper floor in the 300 building.
It is a short walk down hill to the hot springs which we tremendously enjoyed during our stay. If you don't want to walk, the hotel shuttle comes about every 5 minutes so no big deal. The springs are about the closest thing I could imagine to the Garden of Eden. Sitting under a 100 degree natural waterfall felt great and the grounds are simply beautiful with many quiet areas to relax.
The food at the hot springs restaurant was excellent for lunch as well as the dinner buffet and price was reasonable for a hotel restaurant.
My son and I were thinking about doing a local mountain bike tour for $90/pp but then found out that the hotel as it's own decent bikes that you can use for free. We took a nice though hilly ride down to the lake and around an off-road loop that was scenic and a great workout but you need to be in decent shape.
Overall, we were very satisfied as the hotel was fine, service excellent and the hot springs which we visited twice every day were amazing. Would definitely stay there again if coming back to Arenal area.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tabacón Grand Spa Thermal Resort is a five stars hotel located in Costa Rica's northern region, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the heart of the tropical rainforest. Tabacón provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The unique thermal springs emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds surrounded by lush tropical gardens which create an oasis of peace. The hotel, member of The Leading Hotels of The World, offers 7 different categories of rooms: Ambassador Suite, Senator Suite Tabacon Suite, Honeymoon Suite, Rainforest Suite, Superior Premium and Superior, each room with amenities that will offer all the comfort for an unforgettable stay.As a perfect complement of a relaxing experience, inside the gardens you can find The Grand Spa, member of Leading Spas of the World. The Grand Spa taps one of the world´s beautiful locations to offer an incomparable spa experience. Treatments are given in 11 open-air bungalows, all with Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, LHW, EasyToBook, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.