We came back from Costa Rica a few days ago I am still raving about Tabacon. Hot springs, beautiful gardens is top notch. Hotel itself is nice nut not superb. The rooms were nice but not spectacular. All staff members we encountered during our 3-night stay were not too warm but rather cold and not very friendly, especially att the lobby.
There are shuttles at the lobby always waiting to take you to the hot springs.. which is literally a 45 sec ride down the road. However ois is about 4-5 minutes short walk so we did not use shuttles. The hot springs are marvelous and piece of paradise. You should to experience it to truly understand the magic of this place. The Shangri-la area (adults only) was secluded, quiet and very romantic, with occasional children roaming around.
Food at restaurants were decent and VERY-VERY expensive, especially for the quality of the food., We ended to go to La Fortuna. There are number of very good local restaurants. It is only 10 minutes drive.
The volcano was shrouded in clouds, but we managed to see it for about 30-40 minutes one day. Volcano is the another reason why this resort is a great spot
When you are there you should visit suspended bridges park, as well as enormous zip line (actually it is 8 zip lines linked one to another)
I look forward to go back. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere, HotelsClick and Jetsetter so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.