We came back from Costa Rica a few days ago I am still raving about Tabacon. Hot springs, beautiful gardens is top notch. Hotel itself is nice nut not superb. The rooms were nice but not spectacular. All staff members we encountered during our 3-night stay were not too warm but rather cold and not very friendly, especially att the lobby.
There are shuttles at the lobby always waiting to take you to the hot springs.. which is literally a 45 sec ride down the road. However ois is about 4-5 minutes short walk so we did not use shuttles. The hot springs are marvelous and piece of paradise. You should to experience it to truly understand the magic of this place. The Shangri-la area (adults only) was secluded, quiet and very romantic, with occasional children roaming around.
Food at restaurants were decent and VERY-VERY expensive, especially for the quality of the food., We ended to go to La Fortuna. There are number of very good local restaurants. It is only 10 minutes drive.
The volcano was shrouded in clouds, but we managed to see it for about 30-40 minutes one day. Volcano is the another reason why this resort is a great spot
When you are there you should visit suspended bridges park, as well as enormous zip line (actually it is 8 zip lines linked one to another)
I look forward to go back. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tabacón Grand Spa Thermal Resort is a five stars hotel located in Costa Rica's northern region, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the heart of the tropical rainforest. Tabacón provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The unique thermal springs emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds surrounded by lush tropical gardens which create an oasis of peace. The hotel, member of The Leading Hotels of The World, offers 7 different categories of rooms: Ambassador Suite, Senator Suite Tabacon Suite, Honeymoon Suite, Rainforest Suite, Superior Premium and Superior, each room with amenities that will offer all the comfort for an unforgettable stay.As a perfect complement of a relaxing experience, inside the gardens you can find The Grand Spa, member of Leading Spas of the World. The Grand Spa taps one of the world´s beautiful locations to offer an incomparable spa experience. Treatments are given in 11 open-air bungalows, all with Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Expedia, BookIt.com, LHW and HotelsClick so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.