Really unique place. The volcanic hot springs are, of course, hot. Very relaxing. We walked around on a sunday but didn't take in the springs till Monday. It was a lot less crowded on Monday. Wife had an amazing expereince in the spa -- a bit pricey but worth it. The breakfast was outstanding. The buffet down at the springs, while very good, was a bit pricey. So was the breakfast, but it was included in our rate so no complaints. Stuff is more expensive here, but that is not unlike other resorts around the world (i.e. 4 or 5$ for a diet coke at the bar).
But, you are here to see the volcano (not much going on with it now, which was a shame, but still impressive) and to go to the springs. So nice and relaxing. Unlike anything I've seen. Go do it.
Had our 5 y/o with us and he enjoyed too. Turndown service and attention to detail good too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park