We have stayed at Tabacon Spa & Resort 5 times and have delighted in each experience. The rooms are large and beautifully decorated with private balconys or patios and some upgraded rooms have impressive views of the active volcano, especially delightful to see at night if you are lucky enough to have clear skies.
Access to the Thermal hot springs are included with room price and free shuttle runs up and down the hill from hotel continually which is a bonus if you do not want to do the short walk. There are many thermal pools to relax in and waterfalls to sit under for water massage, an absolutely wonderful way in a beautiful tropical environment to ease all your tensions away... The spa services are all supurb given by highly skilled staff, all performed in a gorgeous environment you might imagine being the Garden of Eden...
The food is good but not as upscale as the prices.
The rooms, gardens and grounds are all incredibly beautiful and well maintained. There are plenty of activities offered if you yearn for some excitement. Highly recommended beautiful place.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Jetsetter, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.