We visited the hot springs as part of an excursion to the Arenal while in Costa Rica. It was a long and winding 3hr+ drive but we figured when is the next time we will have the chance to visit a volcano and world renowned springs? After the long trip it was definitely the right call! We had lunch included which and was comprised of some various meats (pork, fish, chicken) and local veggies (some sort of squash, beans, stuffed zucchini) The food was fresh, tasty & hit the spot.
I've been to other spas, but none quite like this! The grounds are lush and filled with tropical vegetation, and makes the perfect setting to unwind and relax for a few hours. There's walking paths to go and explore upon which you are sure to encounter the little green lizards which frequent the grounds if you look closely. There are various branches of the river each with it's own set of thermal pools which vary in temperature, so the best thing to do is keep trying them until you find the one that's right for you. They also vary in depth and each is part of the natural landscape and different - there was one I especially liked which was quite deep and culminated in an infinity pool. If you want to cool off there's a large main swimming pool, as well as a few smaller ones. The beautiful landscape and tropical outdoor setting make for a truly unique and worthwhile experience. We didn't stay overnight in the hotel so can't comment on the rooms, but the thermal springs are highly recommended and perfect for recharging before going on your next adventure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park