Rooms: We had a superior room which was quite pretty with all the expected amenities. I absolutely loved the bed and ridiculously comfortable bathrobes. The only slight negative was a hair I found on the sink upon arrival. I know that these things can happen, but I am admittedly picky about anything that isn’t perfectly immaculate.
Food: We had breakfast included in our package and it was fantastic! It is a buffet and has everything you could ever want to eat. My waters remembering the freshly cooked waffles, fried plantains and fried yuccas ( which I had never had before). The fresh fruit and huge assortment of pastries was great too. They also have an egg station and tons of lighter fare.
Service: Everyone was polite and professional if lacking that extra personal touch. No complaints though, we were treated very well.
Now, let me get to the absolute highlight of the hotel: the fabulous hot springs! Spending time in the springs was one of the highlights of our trips to Costa Rica. They are incredibly beautiful and so relaxing. There so many different pools and falls that one can spend quite a while exploring. There are numerous 6nooks and crannies to sit and relax it. The main warm water pool is lovely too. It is great to sit in warm water with a cold drink. Also, make sure you go down the slide at least once; it is so much fun! I especially recommend visiting the springs at night when the cooler air makes for an extremely pleasant contrast with the hot water. If the spring weren’t enough, they are surrounded by beautiful plants and flowers. Just amazing !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, LHW, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park