What a wonderful, magical place. This truly was the highlight of our Costa Rican visit. We have been to Costa Rica several times, but this was our first visit to this area - and we cannot wait to go back. We are just sorry it took us so long to get there...
The room was wonderfully spacious and very very clean, with luxurious bathrobes to lounge in (pink for her - blue for him).
The staff could not have been more polite or accommodating - it seemed as if they took it personally to ensure that we had a good time. This is a 5 star resort and you must expect to pay their prices - if you want a cheaper place, then all I can say is that there are plenty around - and you will soon notice the difference, The local people are unfailingly polite, but it is considered extremely rude to raise your voice to them - you never hear them shouting at each other - and why visitors think they achieve more by shouting at the staff is beyond my comprehension.
The hot springs with the waterfalls and rushing river - and the lush grounds and the Grand Spa are all magnificent, and really should not be missed. If you cannot afford to stay in the hotel, then do visit Tabacon Springs for the day. The cost is $55.00 per person (or $70 if you include the supberb buffet luncheon)...pricey but worth the experience just once in your life.
For those on a tight budget, the admittance price is $40.00 after 6:00pm - the swimup bar and restaurant are open until 10:00pm
and towels and changing rooms are available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, LHW, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Otel, Amex and Odigeo so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park