Tabacon is a wonderful hotel with truly great service and people. My husband and I stayed at Tabacon for three nights and from the moment we checked in we were greeted with smiling faces and helpful people. The room itself is pretty much a standard hotel room. However, we stayed in a junior suite which had a large backyard in which we saw numerous squatees (racoon type animals) and which had a nice hottub.
The hot springs are really fabulous and included in the price of a Tabacon stay. Moreover, although people who are not staying at Tabacon
can come for the day to the hot springs, they do have to pay for the privilege and are not given robes or extra time in the hot springs. We
did not find the hot springs to be overcrowded, but did find them to be extremely relaxing. Also, as a guest at Tabacon you are provided with quick door-to-door shuttle service to and from the hot springs.
The concierge at Tabacon was extremely helpful and efficient. The sky tram and sky trek zipline tour, which the concierge booked, was a highlight of out trip and extremely organized.
We also had massages at the Tabacon Spa which were amazing. They were outside in a beautiful cabana with the sound of water flowing all around you.
Additionally, Tabacon arranged for ground transfers from San Jose to Tabacon and then from Tabacon to Manuel Antonio (about a 5 ½ hour drive). The transfers were amazing with really comfortable vans and knowledgeable and friendly drivers who spoke English. The drives were more of a tour than a transfer as our drivers were great about stopping at interesting spots and pointing out cool wildlife and nature.
We liked the food at the Tabacon restaurant[ (we only ate breakfast there though) which overlooks an amazing pool. Again, we found the people there to be more than helpful and very friendly.
Finally, Tabacon offers its own taxi service from the hotel. In other words, if you request a taxi to go into town, the taxi is there within
a minute or two and you can be on your way. Additionally, the town is only a 5-10 minute drive from Tabacon which is very convenient.
Our only complaint about the hotel is that the beds are not that comfortable. Our one suggestion to the hotel to make an incredible experience even more enjoyable would be to upgrade the mattresses.
On a final note, check-out and check-in could not have gone smoother and we made calls to the US and were charged only $1.70 per minute.
We truly enjoyed our experience at Tabacon and would recommend it to our friends and family. We hope to be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tablet Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park