Went here for 3 days of honeymoon. Booked a Volcano view room which was not a volcano view as could only see v top off volcano. When I asked to be moved the staff were initially rude but a senior member moved us to the view that they actually show on the website. The Tabacon is quite a rip off. The thermal spas which any one can use even if not staying at hotel is fantastic. The hotel room is insipid. You could be in a hotel room anywhere in the world. The staff are inpolite which is the complete opposite to what I have experienced in Costa Rica.
You CANNOT SEE THE LAVA FROM HERE. The lava reversed its flow several years ago and it can't be seen from Tabacon. Stay on the other side of Fortuna where you might see it at night.
Food in restaurant was poor and cost an absolute fortune, whereas a cheap meal in the town was delicious.
I used the telephones in the reception with my credit card. I phoned someone in th UK 3 times and got and answer machine which I hung up on immediatley. For this I was charged $200. Yes $200!!! Am in process of trying to retrieve. They are unbelivable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, LHW, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park