Stayed at the JR suite, room 22, very rustic feel to the whole hotel. strong smell of wood, since the structure is built with wood. Toiletries were provided though we didn't use it, we've brought our own. Towels were clean and fresh. everything in the room was pretty old though. we didn't stay long at the hotel, mostly to eat breakfast/lunch and we'd head out and come back for dinner and then bed. The beds were pretty comfy, wouldn't say that it is luxurious, but it's good enough, the air-conditioning was good on humid days. It rained a lot and we had our own car, but to be honest, if you had no transportation of your own, it would be a challenge to get anywhere since there aren't many places nearby the lodge and the hotel rooms are 2miles away from the main gate (steep climb). The pool area and jacuzzi area gave a very nice view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is it's own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzi's, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game-room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access.Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park