If you want to be away from it all in the splendor of a lush rainforest of C.R. With views of the volcano, this is a tremendous value.
The junior suites are all natural wood. open air, large porched oasis. The full suites looked cool up higher in a ridge but you might have a neighbor above or below you. Recommend these two room levels as the others don't offer the space, porch or views.
Beautiful, safe nature paths. Free horseback riding (contact ahead to schedule as schedule is limited). Also, the locals will tell you where to experience the hot springs for free with them about 5 km. toward Fortuna (a highlight for us and preferred over the pay-for tourist version if you enjoy hanging with welcoming folks). Paid for a river rafting trip that was another highlight if you're adventurous.
It rains a lot there but temps were in the 70's-80's when we were there and mostly rained at night. Clouds often don't allow full view of volcano but trips offered to it and all around the area for a fee. The symphony of frogs and whatever else is out there by night is wonderous! Exotic birds and butterflies are everywhere. Flora and fauna are unlike anything we've experienced anywhere. No bug bites in the daytime either, but you might wanna spray up in case.
You're not going to get 5-star pampering but you will get to experience Mother Nature at her finest at a great value The staff was genuinely kind and gracious, but they are naturally laid back. All part of the beauty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park