A bit dated but an incredible place. The grounds are amazing - such an array of wildlife and plants - things we've never seen and were amazed by. Most incredible was the up-close-and-personal view of the volcano right from our hotel room.
The 2+ hour nature tour was fantastic. The guide was knowledgeable, funny, entertaining, and great with our "little scientist" who stayed close to him and asked him questions for the entire 2 hours. Truly a highlight of our trip. He knew the locale and even had animals respond to his call! He showed us a tarantula's home, and then somehow got the tarantula to come out! A toad also came out when called.
The gorgeous hike included the Lodge's butterfly garden. The hotel provided a helpful map of the grounds and we did additional tours on our own. Great restaurant, neat playground for the kids, great "hang out" spaces. Truly a special place. Just be prepared for the crazy driveway with lots of twists and turns. Not for the meek - especially not at night!
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Hotel
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is it's own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzi's, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game-room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access.Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.